photo erinmodglin-2.png

Monday, May 26, 2014

Makeup Primer Comparison

Hello friends!
I have just recently started using makeup primer before I apply my foundation and have gone through quite a few trying to find the right formula. I've used some that are really greasy and instead of keeping my makeup fresh and in place it looks like a smeared mess! Not a good look! I have also used some that are so thick it creates a film on your face and makes it feel like you're wearing gallons of makeup. Being from Florida, I need a primer that really does what it is intended to do.
The two primers I'm comparing today are Maybeline's Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser Makeup Primer and Rimmel's Stay Matte Primer
                                                         
    
I was so excited to try out the new Baby Skin primer from Maybeline and rushed out to the store to get it as soon as I found out that it was available. I had heard the most amazing things about it from magazines and online so I was really expecting to be wowed.



Maybeline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser Makeup Primer

When I opened it and felt it on my fingers it felt silky and smooth but too greasy for me. It goes on nice and smooth and I allowed a few minutes for dry time before applying my foundation. I was highly disappointed when I looked in the mirror at 2 pm and saw what looked like a Van Gough painting on my face! Not so sexy! It appeared to me that the Baby Skin primer caused my foundation to smear and run. Maybe this product would be better in the winter months when the Florida heat isn't so sweltering but my opinion of Maybeline's Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser Makeup Primer is not a good one. I have found that a lot of the Maybeline face products are greasy. I tried their BB cream and I had the same issue, too greasy.

Rimmel Stay Matte Primer


Now on to Rimmel's Stay Matte Primer!   



























When I opened the package I noticed the primer was thicker than some of the other primers I've tried. It went on smooth, similar to a face cream. I don't know if I really needed to do it with this one but I allowed 5 minutes for dry time. The Stay Matte primer absorbs really well and doesn't feel greasy on my face like the Maybeline one did, which is a plus. This time, when I looked in the mirror around 2 pm, I was very happy and satisfied to see that my makeup looked just as flawless as it did when I put it on first thing this morning. I was outside running around and STILL my makeup stayed in place and looked as fresh as ever! I would definitely recommend this primer!! The cost of Rimmel's Stay Matte Primer is only $6.99 which is a great deal and makes this product even more appealing! I cannot recommend this product enough and am absolutely in love with it! I really like all of the products in Rimmel's Stay Matte line.

If you have used either of the products that I have compared today I would love to hear about it. Please feel free to leave a comment below and tell me about your experience.

Thank you for reading what I have to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment